Skip to main content

Mashup Videos Are A Fun Challenge



My Digital Media class this semester has been full of exercises that have been an absolute blast to do and make. The last assignment was to compose a small piece of music using online software. This week, we were to create a mashup video of any public domain video we could find, include our music, and make a coherent video.
Why my geeky self has never thought to do this on my own before, I will never know. I actually ended up making a couple of mashup videos throughout the two weeks that we were able to work on this. I've done small bits of editing in the past with iMovie for POV videos while I played hockey, but this was taking it to a whole other level.
I ended up deciding to create a mashup of Game of Thrones and Star Wars. I'm a huge fan of each series so it made it super easy to pick out a focus for the video. Finding content was a little bit harder just because both franchises are creating content. Not much of it has been added to the public domain. I used archive.org for all the video and the music was what I created for our last assignment.
Most of my time was spent trying to layer different videos in a way that made sense and changed the original video as much as I could. The only thing that really survived any editing was the major dialogue that i had decided to use. Ultimately, I thought the video turned out pretty good. The Star Wars portion was the dialogue at the beginning, and I think you might have to actually be a Star Wars fan to pick that out. It fit into the edit so well.
If I could change one thing about my edit I'd choose some of the footage. Since their isn't much for either franchise in the public domain I didn't really get to include some of the scenes that I had originally hoped to. I learned a bit more about editing by doing this project and how to make everything flow smoothly even though the general idea behind the dialogue or videos are so different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can You Workout with a Fresh Tattoo?

Can you workout after you have gotten a brand new tattoo? The papers and instructions the tattoo artist will give you will discourage it. The actual truth is that you can, as long as you are safe about it. The biggest thing is making sure you clean the tattoo immediately following the workout. Most tattoo artists discourage it so the skin is able to heal properly, to avoid possible infections, and to protect the integrity of the tattoo. Most directions for tattoos include washing it clean twice a day and making sure you apply lotion after the first three days. Outside of that, movement is not inhibited unless you are in pain. For that reason I had no problem working out shortly after receiving my very first tattoo a few months ago. I made sure I washed it and tried to keep pressure off of it as much as I could to help with the healing process. Working out and playing hockey both did not cause any negative side effects to it. I'm sure that if I would have only washed it onc

What are full body workouts?

A workout is a workout, right? That's the general assumption that tends to come to the forefront for most people who just want to stay in shape or lose some weight. The reality is that depending on the results an individual wants determines the type of workout they should be using. We tend to see bodybuilders, pro athletes, and the tough guys in the gym working out individual muscle groups like crazy. They're always talking about how it's leg day or it's arm day. We've all heard that repeated a million times, right? Most girls tend to stay away from the weights and stick to cardio, ab workouts, and yoga. Lifting weights has this terrible stereotype that you will only grow huge muscles doing this causing most girls to shy away from them. They don't want to look all muscly. This is where full body workouts come into play. They're a wonderful mix of everything without building huge amounts of muscle or feeling extremely sore the next day. A full body work