Skip to main content

Can You Workout with a Fresh Tattoo?


Can you workout after you have gotten a brand new tattoo? The papers and instructions the tattoo artist will give you will discourage it.

The actual truth is that you can, as long as you are safe about it. The biggest thing is making sure you clean the tattoo immediately following the workout. Most tattoo artists discourage it so the skin is able to heal properly, to avoid possible infections, and to protect the integrity of the tattoo.

Most directions for tattoos include washing it clean twice a day and making sure you apply lotion after the first three days. Outside of that, movement is not inhibited unless you are in pain. For that reason I had no problem working out shortly after receiving my very first tattoo a few months ago.

I made sure I washed it and tried to keep pressure off of it as much as I could to help with the healing process. Working out and playing hockey both did not cause any negative side effects to it. I'm sure that if I would have only washed it once a day or hours after a workout I would have noticed discomfort or at the very least fading of the ink.

Thankfully I had a great tattoo artist that was able to prepare me for the first couple of weeks with my tattoo. Be safe about it but do not be afraid to follow your daily routine after getting some fresh ink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What are full body workouts?

A workout is a workout, right? That's the general assumption that tends to come to the forefront for most people who just want to stay in shape or lose some weight. The reality is that depending on the results an individual wants determines the type of workout they should be using. We tend to see bodybuilders, pro athletes, and the tough guys in the gym working out individual muscle groups like crazy. They're always talking about how it's leg day or it's arm day. We've all heard that repeated a million times, right? Most girls tend to stay away from the weights and stick to cardio, ab workouts, and yoga. Lifting weights has this terrible stereotype that you will only grow huge muscles doing this causing most girls to shy away from them. They don't want to look all muscly. This is where full body workouts come into play. They're a wonderful mix of everything without building huge amounts of muscle or feeling extremely sore the next day. A full body work

About Me

Hi, I'm Taylor. I'm a senior at the University of Toledo, and as you might be able to figure out from the name of this blog, I'm a workout enthusiast. I've been an athlete my whole life. I played softball and basketball year-round on travel teams since the age of 8. Some kids loved playing video games and I loved playing sports. It's pretty much always been the main focus of my life, whether I was playing sports or talking about them. Since my competing days are over, I've been forced to find out what to do with my free time and how to satisfy my need to feel like a part of a team and get exercise. That led me to find my two new favorite hobbies: full body workouts and hockey. Hockey has become my getaway and escape for 4 years now. The cardio involved is unlike anything I've ever done and I've made so many great friends from playing. My team (pictured above, I'm in the dead center) is like a family and we've won back to back championships in

Motivational Motivation

What kind of sorcery and magic do people use to be able to follow a strict diet and workout routine? Motivation can last for a few hours, a couple of days, maybe even a week. Almost everyone has used the excuse of "I'll just start working out tomorrow" to justify having a snack or to load up on delicious carbs.  So, how do we keep the mental strength necessary to put down the cheesecake and wine to pick up a dumbbell instead? Motivation! Motivation is the key to everything. Without motivation you have no reason to workout or eat healthier. Before you start a workout or diet you should identify the reason for doing so. Do you want a lifestyle change for yourself or someone around you? Do you want to lose weight? Do you want to gain weight? Are you using it as a stress reliever? Identifying and setting a goal is essential to achieving that goal. Choose how much weight you want to gain or lose, deciding how much time you can set aside each day, and finding a comfort zo